Last Heard, PC and timeslots

OK1TE

Last Heard, PC and timeslots

Post by OK1TE » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Please, how does the Last Heard screen work exactly? User guide says:
"Pressing the Green key will set the selected station DMR ID as the new PC / TG contact."
I'm able to set the last heard station as PC contact, but when is it set as TG? Is there a way to "copy" the last heard TG when I'm not so quick and don't do it during the transmission? Is the TS copied as well? In fact I often even don't know I need to adjust Tx group to Rx group as the information is presented just visually (inv. display).
In practice, listening to a repeater and having filters off... Is there a way to respond relatively quickly to a call if I have no clue on which TG and TS it was, please?

I've found out that accepting a PC doesn't set the TS to the callers one, so if I'm listening on TS1 accepting PC on TS2, each side transmits on a different TS. If the caller has TS filtering on he even cannot realize I've replied to his call. Is this a desired behavior or a bug, please?

VK3KYY

Re: Last Heard, PC and timeslots

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:10 am

Accepting a PC should set the the TS and ID, so this is a bug (oversight) and will be fixed.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:38 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:10 am
Accepting a PC should set the the TS and ID, so this is a bug (oversight) and will be fixed.
I've now fixed this in my local version, and the fix, so that accepting a call switches to the TS of the caller, will be in the next Beta release.

Note. This bug would not have affected the GD77S, because the Tx TS is always set to the Rx TS, because there is no easy way to indicate to the operator that the received TG or PC call is not on the current Tx TS.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:42 am

OK1TE

Post by OK1TE » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Super fast fix, thank you.

And my first question please? How does the Last Heard screen and the green button work? When does it set PC ID and when TG? Etc.