Receive group equivalent

K1KJR

Receive group equivalent

Post by K1KJR » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:43 am

First off I must say the architecture of the OPENGD77 is BRILLIANT. Only having to enter a channel once instead of for each talkgroup is a godsend. Thanks to the development team for all their efforts.

My question: in my TYT life unless a channel/talkgroup entry was tagged to a receive group you wouldn’t hear it. If I have a talkgroup list containing all the TGs available in my Boston south area I should hear whatever talkgroup are available on that repeater. Not just the one the radio is sitting on. I ask because I’m hooked into the NEDECN Hingham repeater listening mostly to MA statewide and North America and hear almost nothing. Occasionally I hear a calls but not anything like I’m used to hearing.

Should I hear any traffic on the repeater or just the talkgroup the radio is set to.

Thanks.

VK3KYY

Re: Receive group equivalent

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:32 pm

This is controlled by the DMR filters

By default the TG / Rx Group filed is off.
But the Timeslot filed is On.

Try disabling the Timeslot filter

See the User Guide..

Press the Orange button, the select TS filter, the press Left arrow to turn it off, then press Green to accept the change.

Note.
If there is traffic on a specific Timeslot the radio will continue to hold on that TS even if other traffic comes onto the other TS.
When the first traffic ends, if the traffic is still talking on the other TS, it will switch over after a few seconds.
The delay in switching is because people leave gaps between overs, and it would annoying if the radio switched Timeslots at the. end of each over.

I forget the precise hold time on a TS, it may be as much as 10 seconds.

BTW.
Do Not turn of Colorcode filtering.
This is only used if you find a unknown repeater e.g. when scanning using the VFO, which is not on the CC that the VFO is set to.

Disabling the CC in normal operation forces the radio to constantly scan and latch onto the CC which will cause dropout at the start of every over.