Utilizar Baofeng DM 1801 como hotspot sobre windows - Using Baofeng DM 1801 as a hotspot on windows

cx8anm

Utilizar Baofeng DM 1801 como hotspot sobre windows - Using Baofeng DM 1801 as a hotspot on windows

Post by cx8anm » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:10 pm

Buenos dias desde Montevideo Uruguay, mi consulta es la siguiente existe la pocibilidad si tengo una Baofeng DM1801 con el codeplug de OpenGD77 conectarlo a una pc con windows en ves de a una rasperry y que cumpla la funcion de hotsport? a mi pais no llegan los componentes aun a un costo accesible por lo que la idea es lograr una cobertura DMR dentro de las pocibilidades.

Desde ya muchas gracias y aguardo respuestas o comentarios.

73 cordiales CX8ANM Condor Tecnologico

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning from Montevideo Uruguay, my query is the following is there the possibility if I have a Baofeng DM1801 with the OpenGD77 codeplug, connect it to a windows pc instead of a rasperry and that it fulfills the hotsport function? The components do not reach my country even at an affordable cost, so the idea is to achieve DMR coverage within the possibilities.

Thank you very much in advance and I await responses or comments.

73 cordial CX8ANM Condor Tecnologico

F1RMB

Re: Utilizar Baofeng DM 1801 como hotspot sobre windows - Using Baofeng DM 1801 as a hotspot on windows

Post by F1RMB » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:24 pm

Hi,
cx8anm wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:10 pm
Buenos dias desde Montevideo Uruguay, mi consulta es la siguiente existe la pocibilidad si tengo una Baofeng DM1801 con el codeplug de OpenGD77 conectarlo a una pc con windows en ves de a una rasperry y que cumpla la funcion de hotsport? a mi pais no llegan los componentes aun a un costo accesible por lo que la idea es lograr una cobertura DMR dentro de las pocibilidades.

Desde ya muchas gracias y aguardo respuestas o comentarios.

73 cordiales CX8ANM Condor Tecnologico

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning from Montevideo Uruguay, my query is the following is there the possibility if I have a Baofeng DM1801 with the OpenGD77 codeplug, connect it to a windows pc instead of a rasperry and that it fulfills the hotsport function? The components do not reach my country even at an affordable cost, so the idea is to achieve DMR coverage within the possibilities.

Thank you very much in advance and I await responses or comments.

73 cordial CX8ANM Condor Tecnologico
I guess you meant "OpenGD77 Firmware".
Yes, you can, you just need to compile the MMDVMHost software for Windows, and make the necessary changes in the configuration file to have it work under Windows.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

cx8anm

Re: Utilizar Baofeng DM 1801 como hotspot sobre windows - Using Baofeng DM 1801 as a hotspot on windows

Post by cx8anm » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:46 pm

Thank you very much for the prompt response, actually I mean instead of connecting the equipment to a rasperry pi if there is any software that runs on windows.

I hope my question is understood.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:47 pm

cx8anm wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:46 pm
Thank you very much for the prompt response, actually I mean instead of connecting the equipment to a rasperry pi if there is any software that runs on windows.

I hope my question is understood.
Yes, MMDVMHost ;-)
An alternative could be BlueDV, but I don't know its status.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

cx8anm

Post by cx8anm » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:04 pm

Excellent thank you very much. 73 Cordial