Satellite keps - satellites.txt file.

K5CLC

Satellite keps - satellites.txt file.

Post by K5CLC » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:29 pm

Afternoon all,
After looking closely at the list of amateur satellites listed in the satellites.txt file that resides in the folder for opengd77 cps, i was able to clean up the listing a bit and it works well. I figured since sats are being monitored and possibly trying to be reached on a mobile HT device i did not want the sats that were for digital modes, cw, etc. I stuck with voice FM sats. After removing the 'not useful to me' sats, the list looks like this:
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (43.52 KiB) Viewed 368 times
I noticed also on my computer at least the files within c:\program files (x86)\opendg77cps were locked, i did not have permission to them at first. A quick permissions changed to the folder helped with that. I think overall this is a clean list and 'almost' made a contact on ISS last night as well. It was a busy pile up!

File is attached if you would like it for yourself without doing any editing. Just drop the txt file in place of the one in the openghd77 folder and update your keps afterward. It will write the new sat list to your radio.
73, Chris K5CLC
Attachments
satellites.zip
(443 Bytes) Downloaded 17 times

VK3KYY

Re: Satellite keps - satellites.txt file.

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:13 pm

The default satellites.txt file already has all operational FM satellites and is checked by people close to AMSAT

K5CLC

Re: Satellite keps - satellites.txt file.

Post by K5CLC » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:20 pm

More to show the software can be altered however you desire it. I prefer that list of sats to chase and its nice to have it so customized.