Cross digital modulation?

EB3AM

Cross digital modulation?

Post by EB3AM » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:44 pm

Is possible to talk with Yaesu Fusion radios?
DMR and C4FM use Ambe2 vocoder...

:oops:

m1dyp

Re: Cross digital modulation?

Post by m1dyp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:00 pm

yes, i use my pi star hot spot to talk from dmr to gb cq uk server on fusion. using 'dmr2ysf' mode

i doubt if the radio has enough capacity memory wise to do it on it's own.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:10 pm

The GD77 uses a dedicated HRC6000 chip which only supports DMR. As far as we know it cannot be used for any other digital mode.

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 pm

I try to locate datasheet for HRC6000 chip, but no result. Someone have this?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:25 pm

The only data sheet you will find, is the one we already have, and it’s incomplete and in Chinese and the file is damaged.

The manufacturer does not release data sheets to anyone, including Radioddity or TYT etc.

The firmware for radios which use these chips seems to be written by the company who make the C6000 and C5000 etc.

The only reason we have a partial data sheet is that someone seems to have sold it to a Chinese file sharing site, and someone else paid to download it.

kd2lh

Post by kd2lh » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:28 am

In order to communicate between different digital modes (DMR, D-Star, YSF, NXDN, P25) you should install hotspots that can interconnect through a voice over IP network infrastructure.

In this setup, your radio (of any digital mode) communicates to a hotspot configured to work in that RF digital protocol. Some that incorporate software defined radio hats (like the JumboSpot which uses the MMDVM board) can be configured statically for one RF Digital protocol or to scan multiple digital protocols, and switch to that protocol when it's received. They remain in that protocol until nothing has been heard or transmitted through the hotspot for a configurable "hangtime".

To communicate between different RF digital modes, you deploy a second hotspot which operates in the second digital mode (either by scanning or statically configured).

The voice over IP back end infrastructure is configured to route the voice packets to the intended destination (other individual private call radios, or group call ID identified groups) via gateways the interconnect and translate the voice packets between protocols.

The translated voice packets are then delivered to a repeater or hotspot operating the destination protocol and configured for the group or private call destination.

I operate a hotspot at home dedicated to the P25 protocol (and my portable P25 radios), as well as other hotspots dedicated to the DMR protocol. Since I don't operate either of them in protocol scanning mode, they can handle both protocols around my home full time, interconnecting the radios locally and anywhere served by the voice over IP infrastructure (in my case Brandmeister).

Hope this explanation helps. Marc KD2LH