Talkgroup filter to RX Group

kt4lh

Talkgroup filter to RX Group

Post by kt4lh » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:57 pm

I've started using a local repeater again more and I've found a few talkgroups that are fairly active on it that I really don't want to hear; one of them is sadly full of lids and ranters, and I'd REALLY like to filter out this single talkgroup.

Is it possible to revisit the talkgroup filtering to add RX Group filtering? Most other DMR radios the RX Group is all you hear unless you turn on promiscuous, and this is still something missing from OpenGD77.

I would so greatly appreciate it, I hadn't really thought it that big a deal until I started using repeaters again that I don't control, vs a hotspot. Thank you!

W1AEX

Re: Talkgroup filter to RX Group

Post by W1AEX » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:31 pm

What happens if you eliminate the unwanted talkgroup(s) from your TG list and then using the top button to access the Filter options enable TG to add it to the default CC and TS filters?

73, Rob W1AEX

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:57 pm

The current filters only cope with receiving only one Talkgroup (the one you are transmitting on) or receiving all Talkgroups.

In theory it would be possible to use the RX list as well but that would need the code to search through the list every time it received a signal. That might slow things down if the list was large. Also, because OpenGD77 uses the RX list to determine the available Tx talkgroups for the left and right arrows it might cause some confusion. (Actually it’s probably not an issue because if you didn’t want to hear a Talkgroup you most likely wouldn’t want to transmit on it. )

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:59 pm

G4EML wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:57 pm
The current filters only cope with receiving only one Talkgroup (the one you are transmitting on) or receiving all Talkgroups.

In theory it would be possible to use the RX list as well but that would need the code to search through the list every time it received a signal. That might slow things down if the list was large. Also, because OpenGD77 uses the RX list to determine the available Tx talkgroups for the left and right arrows it might cause some confusion. (Actually it’s probably not an issue because if you didn’t want to hear a Talkgroup you most likely wouldn’t want to transmit on it. )
Yes, this is really what I meant; receive all TG's in the RX Group + Current. But yeah, if I wanted to RX/TX on a group outside of the RX group I could change RX group or just change to that TG I suppose.

But this would be really nice, I can certainly turn on TG filtering to block out the TG I don't want, but that of course limits me to the single current TG I'm set to. Which I have been doing to block them out, but isn't ideal.

I love the way that OpenGD77 works in all regards, especially the UI, I hope other radios take inspiration from it. But IMO this is something that's missing. :)