GD-77S hotspot by default

N4DRE

GD-77S hotspot by default

Post by N4DRE » Mon May 04, 2020 5:24 pm

I am working on setting up an Intel NUC in the radio enclosure in my trunk. It will be running W10 and MMDVMHost. I currently have the GD77S running as a hotspot and working very well. Power to the whole setup is controlled by a DC-DC UPS that is ignition controlled. I'd like the GD-77S to always start up in hotspot mode. Is this possible? I hope to be able to squirrel the 77S away in the trunk with the rest of the radio gear and just have it stop / start with the rest of the equipment.

Thanks!

F1RMB

Re: GD-77S hotspot by default

Post by F1RMB » Mon May 04, 2020 5:31 pm

N4DRE wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:24 pm
I am working on setting up an Intel NUC in the radio enclosure in my trunk. It will be running W10 and MMDVMHost. I currently have the GD77S running as a hotspot and working very well. Power to the whole setup is controlled by a DC-DC UPS that is ignition controlled. I'd like the GD-77S to always start up in hotspot mode. Is this possible? I hope to be able to squirrel the 77S away in the trunk with the rest of the radio gear and just have it stop / start with the rest of the equipment.

Thanks!
Hi,

If you're using one if the last OpenGD77 firmware on your GD-77S, once you enabled hotspot mode (SK1 + power ON for MMDVM, SK1 + PTT + power ON for BlueDV mode), it will keep that settings on the next boots.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

N4DRE

Re: GD-77S hotspot by default

Post by N4DRE » Mon May 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Awesome! I am using the latest build. Thanks so much!