[From May 29th] New ongoing "Development" version has been created

F1RMB

Re: [From May 29th] New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by F1RMB » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi,
EB3AM wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:38 pm
Where is the manual?
I looking in guthub, but no links works!
Here.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VE3XEJ

Post by VE3XEJ » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:28 am

Thank you to Roger and the other developers who have resurrected this project and implemented an elegant solution to deal with the CODEC issue.

HI8NLO

Re: Is there any intention to continue this wonderful project?

Post by HI8NLO » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:21 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:38 pm
KC0RNP wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:24 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:19 pm

It should be working.

Did you enable it in the Options?
Yes I did and have pi set to OpenGD77
In the radio you have to enable it in the Options and set to MMDM
First of all Roger et all, many thanks for the hard work. This firmware is the reason I opted for a GD77 over other alternatives. The quality of all of the OpenGD77 team is incredible and second to none in the DMR ham space. Thanks for solving the legal issues and continuing the great work.

Secondly, I'm also experiencing issues with the latest version of the firmware in hotspot mode and the latest version of BlueDV on Android with the setup not transmitting. Receiving fine when I PTT from another radio and forwarding to Brandmeister well but is not activating the GD77 for transmission when receiving from BM.

BlueDV was selected as a hotspot mode on the GD77 and tested with all hotspot options available on BlueDV with none working properly. Palin can't test on his side with him not having a GD77 however I do know this was working before this new OpenGD77 release.

Anything I can do to help, let me know, and thanks.
De HI8ILO/KC7ILO

F1RMB

Re: Is there any intention to continue this wonderful project?

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi,
HI8NLO wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:21 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:38 pm
KC0RNP wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:24 pm

Yes I did and have pi set to OpenGD77
In the radio you have to enable it in the Options and set to MMDM
First of all Roger et all, many thanks for the hard work. This firmware is the reason I opted for a GD77 over other alternatives. The quality of all of the OpenGD77 team is incredible and second to none in the DMR ham space. Thanks for solving the legal issues and continuing the great work.

Secondly, I'm also experiencing issues with the latest version of the firmware in hotspot mode and the latest version of BlueDV on Android with the setup not transmitting. Receiving fine when I PTT from another radio and forwarding to Brandmeister well but is not activating the GD77 for transmission when receiving from BM.

BlueDV was selected as a hotspot mode on the GD77 and tested with all hotspot options available on BlueDV with none working properly. Palin can't test on his side with him not having a GD77 however I do know this was working before this new OpenGD77 release.

Anything I can do to help, let me know, and thanks.
De HI8ILO/KC7ILO
Last Thursday, I've made some test with the BlueDV Android version (1.0.126 and 1.0.121), and also TCP UART (version 1.3.1 and 1.3.0). Doesn't work.
I've also tested with old OpenGD77 (back from end of September). Doesn't work either.

About the latest BlueDV Android version, I can't test with BM, as the field where you have to enter your hotspot security password is too short to let me enter the full string.

Then, I tried with DMR+/IPSC2. Watching the IPSC2 dashboard, none of my transmission (seen by the BlueDV app) appeared on the dashboard.

Fact is, something is broken somewhere, but as long as the BlueDV for Windows works perfectly fine with the OpenGD77, and the code didn't changed in this area, I don't see why it doesn't work with Android.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the latest version number of BlueDV and TCPUART that was working. Also, the version of Android changed meanwhile.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:45 pm

AFIK. David PA7LIM , the developer of BlueDV is aware of this problme with the Android version, of BlueDV but I don't know if he will make a new Android version.

Its impossible for us to know why BlueDV does not send data to the OpenGD77 hotspot.

n3kf

Post by n3kf » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:04 pm

So just to be sure, for an RD-5R I use the GD77 firmware for CPS to combine with the bin file. Not the Rd-5R firmware, correct? Really really love this on my RD-5R, and am ready to move to the latest. Thank you all the developers for finding a way to move on.

dl9sec

Post by dl9sec » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:08 pm

n3kf wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:04 pm
So just to be sure, for an RD-5R I use the GD77 firmware for CPS to combine with the bin file. Not the Rd-5R firmware, correct? Really really love this on my RD-5R, and am ready to move to the latest. Thank you all the developers for finding a way to move on.
Yes, just use the stock GD77 firmware file also for updating the RD-5R. Works fine here with my RD-5R...

73, Thorsten

IW2FHM

Post by IW2FHM » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Hello Roger, first of all I would like to thank all of you developers for the enormous work to make this great software survive. About the problem with BlueDv as a hotspot even before the last OpenGd modification it was not working. I have tried to use the version of TCPUART 1.2 and everything is ok.
Best 73'
Roberto

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 am

Hi,
IW2FHM wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:08 pm
Hello Roger, first of all I would like to thank all of you developers for the enormous work to make this great software survive. About the problem with BlueDv as a hotspot even before the last OpenGd modification it was not working. I have tried to use the version of TCPUART 1.2 and everything is ok.
Best 73'
Roberto
Thanks for this information.
I just tried, BlueDV is working with TCPUART until 1.2.3 (included). Something is broken in 1.3.x versions.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

DL4GG

Post by DL4GG » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Thanks for all this hard work the last days and weeks.
My personal respect for you and your incredible energy and ham spirit.
All the best for you
DO9EA