TYT MD-UV390+ does not connect under Win11

WA2i

TYT MD-UV390+ does not connect under Win11

Post by WA2i » Sun May 26, 2024 3:05 pm

Hi-
If this is not the right place to begin, kindly direct me to another forum to consult.

I have a new TYT MD-UV390+ with the original cable. I am unable to "read" from the radio in the TYT CPS nor in the OpenGD CPS (under Win11, uptodate). It says "Please check whether USB is occupied or not connected".

When the radio is connected via USB and turned on (or turned on in DFU mode), Windows makes the "connect sound" and a libusbK USB devices folder opens in the Device Manager. In this folder is listed: STM32 bootloader. (Which I installed from: stsw-stm32080.zip from STM.com as recommended by VK3KYY). It gives the "Please check whether USB is occupied or not connected" error.

Although it is mentioned in several places on the web that there should be a "Ports (COM and LPT)" folder should be listed in the Device Manager, none is there. I can add a "Ports (COM and LPT)" folder by using Action --> add legacy hardware -->STMicroelectronics. This then creates the "Ports (COM and LPT)" folder. Under this folder is "STMicorelectronics STLink virtual COM port (COM3)" with an exclamation point. The error listed is "Device cannot start (Code 10)".

I have been unable to proceed further and I am unable to get around this error.

Thoughts?
Bob WA2I

WA2i

Re: TYT MD-UV390+ does not connect under Win11

Post by WA2i » Sun May 26, 2024 5:58 pm

Addendum:

It seems that others have this problem as well:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... d265e9dba5

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun May 26, 2024 8:20 pm

WA2i wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 5:58 pm
Addendum:

It seems that others have this problem as well:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... d265e9dba5
But that's not the correct driver, the OpenGD77 serial driver is based on libusbK/libusb0 driver but presents is as a OpenGD77 Com port.
Normally it's installed via CPS install but but you can install from here too: downloads/PC_CPS/com_driver/

The flash of firmware use the Dfuse drivers: downloads/drivers/Dfuse_3.0.6_drivers.zip

Try delete all unnecessary drivers from device manager and disable automatic driver updates in Windows 11 so it doesn't try to re-install the bad ones.

WA2i

Post by WA2i » Mon May 27, 2024 4:04 am

That was really helpful! Thank you.

Of course, when I re-read the installation instructions, I realized that I should re-read the instructions, yet again.
Bob
WA2I