Channel Repeater Slot does nothing

KA1CM

Channel Repeater Slot does nothing

Post by KA1CM » Tue May 14, 2024 5:43 pm

Hi OpenGD77 team,

I'm exploring my new Duplex hotspot and step into what I think is a bug.
I'm successfully program my hotspot to rewrite everything TGIF to TS 1 and everything BrandMeister to TS2. This include all Talkgroups and PrivateCall (including 7 digits talkgroups on both network).

I've program two channel in CPS, one for TGIF and the other for BM. When I manual dial a TG on BM (Repeater Slot 2) the TS on the radio changed. So, I'm wondering what Channel Repeater Slot in the CPS does. To me, it seems it is doing nothing. In my opinion, If I'm on a channel that has repeater slot set. The TS should not change unless something override it, a user press * on the keypad, or a Talkgroup with timeslot override has been selected from the talkgroup list. Manual dialing a talkgroup should not change Timeslot.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for the wonderful firmware.
Charlie,
Attachments
tgif.png
tgif.png (136.07 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
bm.png
bm.png (137.13 KiB) Viewed 2537 times

F1RMB

Re: Channel Repeater Slot does nothing

Post by F1RMB » Tue May 14, 2024 6:03 pm

Check the screen of your transceiver, the displayed TS is the one you will transmit on.
If you have overridden it (using * key), it will have a higher priority, and the one defined in the channel is simply ignored. Long press * key to clear the TS override.

Use the Options -> Display options -> Info: Both, this will use a bold font to display the TS when it's overrode.

https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... de.md#info

Cheers.
---
Daniel

KA1CM

Post by KA1CM » Tue May 14, 2024 6:23 pm

Thank you Daniel,

I remember turning that off because I don't understand the cS1 and cS2. What are they stand for?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

KA1CM wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:23 pm
Thank you Daniel,

I remember turning that off because I don't understand the cS1 and cS2. What are they stand for?
It's when the contact has a TS override defined.